International Futbol Club shall follow the policy outlined below for teams that are scheduled to practice outdoors:
- Field Conditions must be safe and conducive for an effective and productive training session.
- For teams U13 and YOUNGER, the temperature shall not be lower than 32 degrees, and the wind chill/ “feels like” shall not be lower than 27 degrees.
- For teams U14 and OLDER, the wind chill/ “feels like” shall not be lower than 25.
- Practices may also be canceled due to rain, sleet, or other factors that may influence road conditions, or greatly affect the effectiveness and productivity of a training session.
Inclement Weather Information
For SoccerPlex fields, please use the weather hotline at 301-528-1497 or their website: http://www.mdsoccerplex.org/
For MCPS County fields, please go to this website: http://www.montgomeryparks.org/services/permits-rentals/apply/athletic-fields/
Please always remember that playing on a field under any of the conditions listed below can damage the field and make it unplayable, for everyone, for the rest of the season. All play on any park athletic field is prohibited whenever:
- The field is closed for renovation or repair
- Water is standing on the field
- One half-inch of rain or more has fallen within the previous 24 hours
- Soil is frozen
- Soil is wet and “spongy”
- The ground is muddy and soil clumps or clings to shoes
- Steady rain is falling
- A lightning/electrical storm is occurring
- The field is deemed unplayable by Park staff or Park Police
If you’re unsure if a field is closed, please call your ballfield rainout number first: 301-579-5610! Rainout number recordings are updated by 3:00 p.m. on weekdays and 7:00 a.m. on weekends. Each recording applies to all parks listed under that number.
For decisions about the use of school fields refer to the appropriate rainout number on the field listing or call Community Use of Public Facilities (CUPF) at 240-777-2706, Monday – Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. For decisions about sports programs offered by the Montgomery County Recreation Department, call their update line at 240-777-6889.
For County Turf fields, you should call the appropriate ballfield rainout number (as mentioned above).
- Coaches are required to download the FREE WeatherBug App and utilize it to ensure safety if storms are forecasted.
- If Thunder occurs, the APP should be used to by clicking the Spark tab at the bottom of the page to determine if there is lightning is detected within 10 miles of your location. If lightning is detected within 10 miles of the location, all coaches and players are required to clear the field, benches, and stadium seats and seek shelter. STAY AWAY FROM METAL OR TREES.
- There is a required 30 minute wait period if there are no other lightning strikes, however, every new lightning strike within the 10 miles radius restarts the 30-minute timeclock.
What to do?
- All players, coaches, referees, parents must seek immediate shelter if there is a building close. If not, they should go to their cars.
- Training will be considered finished if there is less than 45 minutes remaining in training when lightning is detected.
- Parents should not drop off players if there is a weather delay.
- If there is threatening weather, parents should stay at the field until the conclusion of practice.
- Coaches are not permitted to leave players unattended. SAFETY IS THE PRIORITY.
LIGHTNING INFORMATION US Youth
International Futbol Club (IFC) Youth Soccer Concussion Policy
At IFC, we want to ensure our players are provided the safest environment possible. As a result, we are instituting a concussion policy to help provide guidelines related to players who have been diagnosed with or are suspected of having a concussion.
All coaches are required to take the Center for Disease Control (CDC) online training course. A copy of the certificate that you receive after completing this course must be sent to club Registrar prior to the first practice or game. We also highly recommend that parents and athletes take the time to review this course. Click to go to the https://www.cdc.gov/headsup/youthsports/training/index.html
All Coaches are required to sit a player out for the remainder of a practice or game if the player sustains a blow to the head or a jarring collision that causes the coach to suspect a possible mild or traumatic brain injury.
The coach is required to notify the parents/legal guardians of the incident. IFC coaches are with very limited exception, are not medically trained or certified and may not be able to spot a situation in which a player may have sustained a head or other injury.
The coach is also required to inform the Technical Director of the incident citing the date of the injury, the date the parents/legal guardians were notified, how they were notified (conversation, email, voicemail, etc.), and a brief description of the circumstances surrounding the incident.
If a coach suspects a concussion and requires a player to sit out, that player will not be allowed to return to soccer until the coach is provided with written clearance from a medical professional. The coach will inform the Technical Director that he or she received the note clearing the player to resume activities.
“Coaches” means all paid Head Coaches, Assistant Coaches and volunteers.
Qualified medical professional means a professional with expertise on concussion for example: pediatricians, pediatric neurologists, and sports medicine specialists who have been certified by the state to provide care for patients with concussion or post-concussive symptoms.
Documents & Resources (Required for all parents)
Online Course (Required for all parents)
All parents must complete the CDC Online Course
Online Coaches Course
Children’s National Medical Center SCORE Program
The Safe Concussion Recovery & Education (SCORE) program page has helpful additional information.
This testing protocol can help coaches, parents, and medical professionals to make more informed decisions when head injury may occur. Coaches and parents can access the baseline scoring through the recommended mobile app: Sideline ImPACT